Corey Evans, Regional Sales Manager
Let’s get to know Corey Evans! Corey joined Jay Industrial Repair in 2013 and was recently promoted to Regional Sales Manager. We sat down with Corey to get to know him a bit better.
Check out his coffee talk below!
- How did you get started in the motor repair industry?
Almost 10 years ago I was called in for an interview by Bruce Gray. Someone gave him my name. I was working with Motorola and had NO idea what an AC or DC motor was.
- What is your favorite thing about working for Jay?
The family atmosphere and not being just a cog in the wheel or a number. I get to be an integral part of what Jay does daily and it’s amazing being able to help grow Jay and be a part of this family!
- Name one thing not many people know about you.
I’m a music buff and love everything from Worship to Heavy Metal.
- Who has been the most impactful person in your career at Jay?
Hands down Ronnie Norris.
- What is your favorite sports team?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A professional Rugby player.
- What is your favorite holiday?
Anytime I can spend quality time with Family and SHOOT FIREWORKS!
- What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
My wife and I’s last trip to Negril, Jamaica.
- Do you have any siblings?
A brother and a sister – Nathan and Amanda.
- Do you have any kids? Grandkids?
2 daughters: Nakota and Lakyn, 2 sons: Dalton and Tristan, 2 grandboys: Ramsey (4) and Whitt (3)
- What are you most proud of?
My relationship with Christ.
- Do you have any pets?
Riggs (Goldendoodle) and Huckleberry Finn (French Bulldog)
- What are some of your hobbies?
Working out, Mountain Biking, Saltwater fishing.
- Who’s your personal hero?
My Father: I didn’t see it until I had hit my mid to late 20’s but my strict upbringing and him always making me work for everything and learn to do things on my own with my own hands, gave me the tools I needed to be successful today and never give up on anything.
- What was your first job?
Working summers with the City of Prattville Parks and Recreation Dept. cutting grass and picking up trash on the side of the road with inmates.
- I am afraid of:
Letting people down. I hold very high standards for myself.
- I can’t live without:
The love and support of my wife Lanita and my kids.
- Anything else you would like for us to know about you:
I am absolutely humbled by this opportunity and super thankful for our leadership at Jay believing in me and tasking me with this new role and to be able to be a part of the future of Jay Industrial Repair. I have no doubt that with God, the tools he’s given me and our team at Jay, we will be successful and the future is bright!